A purpose worth celebrating today and throughout the year. For Earth Day this year, we are analyzing a few ways we consume natural resources; a major way we consume is through the food we eat. Today we will be dining alfresco with an inspiration to prepare a plant-based meal!
Incorporating a few plant-based meals throughout your week can reduce your environmental impact as well as multiple added health benefits! Here’s a few:
- May lower your blood pressure, reducing risk for heart disease, diabetes, and stroke
- May increase heart health, lowering cholesterol with a decrease in the intake of saturated fats.
- May help you live longer. A plant-based diet consisting of whole grains, veggies, and fruit can lower the risk of multiple health complications.
While choosing to dine al-fresco with a plant-based meal, we are comforted to relax with our Potomac Fire pit. An eco-friendly set, featuring a propane-fueled fire pit and signature Resysta tabletop.
Using propane is an effective way to make a positive impact on the environment, being a low-carbon alternative fuel that produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than other energy sources. Non-poisonous and non-toxic, it won’t contaminate soil or ground water making it safe to use anywhere. The National Propane Gas Association calls propane a green solution “for the environmentally conscious consumer.”
Resysta products have the look and feel of natural tropical wood. They are absolutely weatherproof and UV-resistant, do not form cracks or splinter and are 100% recyclable. Consisting of approximately 60% rice husks, 22% rock salts, and 18% mineral oil, no trees are cut down in the making of Resysta. Resistant to salt and chlorine water, safe against mold infestation, resistant to termites and other pests, free of splinters or warping – the Resysta product is an excellent product to enjoy and withstand the outdoors.
- Sliced sourdough or whole grain toast
- Salt and pepper
- Use the back of a fork to mash and spread avocado on the toast.
- Garnish with sliced tomato, salt, and pepper to taste.
GREEK-INSPIRED QUINOA SALAD
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced cucumbers
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese *optional (not vegan)
- ¾ cup of sliced Kalamata olive
- ¾ cup of Greek salad dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 20 stalks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup chopped almond
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet. Sauté asparagus over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and serve warm.
BERRIES & CREAM
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Coconut whipped topping
- Slice the berries and place in the bottom of a bowl.
- Toss with chopped mint and serve into individual bowl servings.
- Top with coconut whipped topping and a sprig of mint for garnish.
Featured collection – Apricity Potomac Bar Height Fire Pit Chat.
For more details on this set, visit Apricityoutdoor.com